What is a Shoctober event?
A Shoctober event helps people in the workplace know what to do in the case of a sudden cardiac arrest.
It only takes 5 minutes for each person to participate.
This 5 minute experience will raise awareness about what a defibrillator is and how simple they are to use.
Your workplace needs a space or meeting room for people to use these DefibMats while watching the defib simulation video see the video here
What is a DefibMat?
DefibMats have been designed to allow a user to simulate using a defib while watching the video. see DefibMat here
What is the video Survive in Five?
This is a DVD supplied with each DefibMat. This 5 minute video guides the user through the use of the defib.
What must be done in advance of the day?
- Register your event online. Choose a day that suits you. Register Here
- Order DefibMats
- Book the room and AV equipment (you will receive a DVD with each DefibMat)
- Promote the event at your workplace using Posters and internal communications
What must be done on the day?
- Set up the room
- Posters should be prominently located with room location details. Participants just drop in to the meeting room through the course of the day.
- Attendance Sheets ready for participants to complete as they come in
- Video ready to show. The video is on a loop with 2 minute intervals
- DefibMats in place on the floor for participants to use
- Participation stickers in place for participants to take on the way out
- Please donate your DefibMats to a school or club of your choice after use. Let us know who you donated them to. Remember all proceeds from DefibMats fund the Foundation's operations.
- Please donate your DefibMats to a school or club of your choice after use. Please let us know who you donated them to. Remember all proceeds from DefibMats fund the Foundation's operations.
- Attendance Sheets need to be completed and submitted to us via email at the end of the Programme